Find the answer to your Linux question:
was wondering if any one had installed/used linux on a palm pilot ? maybe damsmall would fit. we use them at work, and they are terribly unreliable with windoes, I'd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

palm pilot linux ?

was wondering if any one had installed/used linux on a palm pilot ? maybe damsmall would fit. we use them at work, and they are terribly unreliable with windoes, I'd love to convince the boss to use linux on all 6 of them, because we are at the mercy of a tech guy that hardly maintains them for us.

Just Joined!
    i have explored this before, not much luck. there are a few ways to put a functional kernel onto a palm OS or windows mobile device but theres no point it has almost no functionalitly like you can't use the touch pad or anything. If you are really serious about about linux and opensource you should check out the symbian smartphones and the openmoko smartphone
    openmoko.com
    Symbian OS: the open mobile operating system

Well Palm themselves are switching their systems to Linux. They should still have a familiar PalmOS interface though. There are projects out there for doing this but I don't know how well developed they are. A couple of distros out there are available for ARM processors (isn't that what Palm use?) so maybe check out Debian or something.

Just a note though, Symbian is not Linux based.