Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a 4GB Sony Walkman. NWZ-E436FBLU | 4GB E Series WalkmanŽ Video MP3 Player - Blue | Sony | SonyStyle USA I was looking to get more functionality out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Does ipod linux work with other portable media players?

I have a 4GB Sony Walkman.
    NWZ-E436FBLU | 4GB E Series WalkmanŽ Video MP3 Player - Blue | Sony | SonyStyle USA

I was looking to get more functionality out of it and I was wondering if Linux could be put on it? I know ipod linux is out there, but I'm not sure it will work with a non-Ipod device. Does any know if ipod linux works on it and if not are there any other multimedia distros designed for "other" media players?

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What rokytnji said. Someone probably has "hacked" the Walkman. Whether or not some version of LInux runs on it is a question. Personally, I am boycotting anything and everything Sony until they lay down in the street and let us run them over for their CD rootkit fiasco. In the old days, the management would have committed sepuku for such an affront to their customers.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!