Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got my first ever tablet yesterday and was very eager to set it up...but after spending all day yesterday and today reading various tutorials, I am still at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Wacom Bamboo Pen in 11.2

I just got my first ever tablet yesterday and was very eager to set it up...but after spending all day yesterday and today reading various tutorials, I am still at a complete loss as to how to set this up. I have installed the drivers. Apparently, though, I also need to edit a config file to get it to work - a file that I do not have. It's supposed to be either /etc/x11/xorg.conf or /etc/X11/xf86-conf. But I do not have this file...and I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I'm getting frustrated now because I've never really had hardware issues with Linux before, but getting a tablet was a huge deal for me as a digital artist who feels like an amateur just because I could never afford one...and to have it sitting on my desk for two days unable to use it is very depressing. I hope someone can help me...

You would normally not have a Xorg.conf in 11.2 +++

First off we would need to know the graphic hardware ie what video chip. Alos something about the touch screen ie capacitative resistant ???

Just Joined!
    I don't know the first thing about finding out what video chip I have, but this computer is pretty new, so that shouldn't be a problem...there is no touch screen, it's just a pen tablet, Wacom Bamboo Pen, CTL-460.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to work. The config files that most distros say to edit are not there in SuSE due to the way the filesystem works from what I understand...but I'm not turning up any answers that work for making the tablet run successfully, after installing several drivers in YaST, I get nothing...Sax2 recognizes the tablet, but the only options are Intuos ans Graphire, not Bamboo. Is there a way to fix this?

Does 11.3 maybe fix this problem? I really want my tablet to work, but I can't find any info that works!!

The type of video chip can make a difference if you need to make a xorg.conf file since we need to know which driver to use. Do you have any information on what changes are needed to a xorg.conf file if you have one? for this device