Find the answer to your Linux question:
Thanks to the amazing technology of Linux and Nokia, though I still cannot figure out what happened, I can connect my Nokia classic 2700 to my HP mini - and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Data transfer from Nokia phone to HP mini

Thanks to the amazing technology of Linux and Nokia, though I still cannot figure out what happened, I can connect my Nokia classic 2700 to my HP mini - and some how it did some auto detection and loaded pictures and several other files from my Nokia. Thats fine as I was looking everywhere for a software support to upload pictures from my phone to my MAC - but to date to no avail!!

However, I am wondering why is it my Notes and calender appointments in my Nokia Organizer did not get detected and uploaded at the same time!! I need these too so I can back-up to my HP mini.

FYI i used the USB cable to connect the phone to my HP. When the phone is connected and detected, there are 3 choices available from the prompt on the phone screen. The first choice detects the pictures and some files, but both the second and the third choice do NOT seem to work for either my NOTES or Calender.

Looking fwd to get some help from the more knowledgeable guys out there.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mhismail; 12-23-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: point of clarification

I don't know your specific Nokia model, but I had a N95 before and a N900 now and all data transfer works fine on openSuSE Linux with USB cable
    select data suit on your Nokia when connecting the USB cable
    then use a file browser and EXPLORE your Nokia all the way to know where what stuff is stored on your Nokia drive
    notes usually are in Documents
    the pictures you MAKE with your Nokia usually are in the folder Camera
    or you may look into a folder Images

but you may find even better support for the PC suite nokia offers - see the MAC version
    Nokia Europe - Mac software - Support