Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Google and other so called 'free' services we are not interested in but good to know that it could work with that as well. I started testing openfire with spark ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Google and other so called 'free' services we are not interested in but good to know that it could work with that as well.

I started testing openfire with spark today and so far, have not see video working. It keeps seeming like it's close to doing something but it never does. A window pops up, adobe crashes in the browser, restart, another window pops up on both users ends but only one user sees themselves in the video window.

I don't know, my senses are tingling telling me to run away from redfire.
    Last edited by mprog; 10-12-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Just Joined!
    After some more work, got audio/video working in openfire but cannot use that solution either because it is not well supported. It's forum community is everything but dead. People don't bother to help each other, it's very sad to see because openfire is such a great product.

Why can't you use an existing service? Google+ would seem to be ideal for what you want, since it allows video conferencing up to 10 devices, and works with just about every device available. The audio and video quality are excellent, and it works. I use it for talking with family members, but many companies are starting to use it.

Just Joined!
    Google isn't the answer to everything on the planet and people should try very hard to be more independent before we will have little left for choices which don't spy on us every which way possible.

We prefer to host our own services, independent of such organizations so are looking for something we can build, host ourselves and have full control over it along with supporting a true open source alternative.

Openfire is a wonderful product but it's own developers readily admit that their community is made up of perhaps 2 to 3 people who develop and help others time permitting. The community just doesn't give back unfortunately. It's frustrating because it really is a fantastic product but just not sure where we'll get help when we need it if we start using it.

Other than going the easy way and using google, I was hoping this post might lead to some additional projects that I might not have found while searching.

Thanks.

Given those beliefs, the answer seems obvious. Get involved and help develop Openfire. I don't know of many more alternatives for you.

Just Joined!
    Far from beliefs, people are simply not opening their eyes yet.

Anyhow, it isn't the only answer, I'm not a software developer .
    I can give back in various ways but not in the programming. I appreciate the input though and am searching my little heart out.

Thanks.

Last edited by arespi; 10-27-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo

Just Joined!
    Actually, I posted the following in these forums in error. I wanted to post this in another forum but long day .

I'll continue this thread there since it is more informative.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/mis...tml#post866681
    Last edited by mprog; 10-27-2011 at 03:55 PM.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mprog View Post
    Actually, I posted the following in these forums in error. I wanted to post this in another forum but long day .

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/mis...tml#post866681
    Hello

I can move it, but which forum did you mean to put it in?
    oz

Just Joined!
    Hi Ozar,

I wasn't really sure where to put it but what I meant by another forum was another site. I'll continue with the other thread I started since it is more informative. I should have added more details in the original post, which I have now.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2