Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok im not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. Right now as it is i would like any help i can get with this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Need help with linux question :)

Ok im not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. Right now as it is i would like any help i can get with this so any thing you can contribute would be great. Ok so you might be asking yourself what does this guy need help with? What i need help with is linux exploits (im trying to unlock the bootloader on my Droid RAZR). Motorola has stated that they will only release a bootloader unlock tool for EU devices, so this means that all of us on Verizon USA need to find a work around. I've been doing research and it seems as though the best chance is to run an exploit through the kernel. The (Verizon) Motorola Droid Razr community has already gained Root Access with super-user permissions. However we are at a stand still because a custom recovery image is of no use since we can't read and write to the partitions that are needed. I'm not very knowledgeable about linux so im really hoping you guys can give me a hand

Device- (Verizon) Motorola Droid RAZR
    Kernel- 2.6.35.7

Motorola has stated that they will only release a bootloader unlock tool for EU devices, so this means that all of us on Verizon USA need to find a work around.
    Hi and welcome alexp1289!

I am not familiar with your device but I have been using a local version of an android phone that has a Qualcom motherboard. My friend and I were able to upgrade our phones by using ROMs that he was able to source out on the internet.

I guess your best bet is really to try to search around for a hack/work around on the www. Good luck. Hope the other gurus can give you what you are in search of. By the way, I suggest you request the mods to transfer this to the Mobile devices forums where it gets a better chance of being noticed by mobile enthusiasts.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Moved thread to Mobile Section.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is why I only use unlocked phones. If I can't unlock it, I'm not interested in it...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!