Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
ok i have recently gotten my hands on a env touch vx11000, i thought it was a unique phone so i started messing around with it and i noticed it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Porting android to lg env touch vx11000 need help

ok i have recently gotten my hands on a env touch vx11000, i thought it was a unique phone so i started messing around with it and i noticed it has an amazing display on both ends and a wonderful layout, i did some research on the phone and realized not alot of things are out for it but i think it could make an amazing multipurpose gameboy lol, what i intended on doing was throwing a version of android on it depending on how the processor handles it will decide what version, after lurking on multiple forums and trolling the web for anything i could find i learned that there is a version of android that working on this phones chipset ( Qualcomm msm7500a) after reading on a bit i learned the problem at the moment was getting the kernal flashed to the phone because of the user interface and the way the phone organizes the files put on it and the fact that it has a custom proprietary OS and the weird hardware on the phone, and if it makes it any easier porting a version of linux to it would be just as amazing as long as i can get a gameboy emu to work on it.

i love you linux guru's your amazing and i plan on learing alot more about linux when i get the chance but i heard something along the lines of "tell a linux guru ITS IMPOSSIBLE and itll be done in a week so umm....its impossible?

Just Joined!
    yeah i forfeit, i officially hate BREW OS lol not enough dev on it for me to care enough to jump in on it, im gonna go find me another phone to tinker with

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What about Meego (now Tizen)?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    O.o
    ill brb
    >.>

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by kioshimi View Post
    O.o
    ill brb
    >.>
    Right... Sorry, but I don't speak Martian...

Just Joined!
    O.o = is oh my god facce
    brb = be right back
    >.> = oh.. face

So, something like a "face-palm"?

Just Joined!
    yeah pretty much

Ok. Those I didn't know. I do know this one :>! Someone with big nose and foot in mouth...

Just Joined!
    i have nothing to say >.> to that at least im about to look up the stuff on tizen when i get home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast