Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've just found this thread while researching this exact issue. I want to be able to play the video (mp4) files from my car dashcam's SD card on my HTC ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I've just found this thread while researching this exact issue.

I want to be able to play the video (mp4) files from my car dashcam's SD card on my HTC Desire HD phone while I'm out & about.

To this end, I have ordered these two items from Amazon:

1: USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Connector Adapter (by Generic) 2.65
    2: Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader (by Integral) 2:04

They haven't landed on my doormat yet but as soon as they do, I'll let you all know how I get on.

My phone has Ice Cream Sandwich on board so I was properly happy to read Ahseyo's comment above.

Fingers crossed!

Just Joined!
    Bad news folks.

It doesn't work.

The phone doesn't see the sd card at all. My file manager only shows the internal micro sd card.

Ah, well. There are more ways to skin a cat ...

I'm going to get an sd card adapter which will accept a micro sd card. Using that in my camera will allow me to record onto a micro sd card. Then I can shove that into my phone directly. TADA!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downsie View Post
    Bad news folks.

It doesn't work.

The phone doesn't see the sd card at all. My file manager only shows the internal micro sd card.

Ah, well. There are more ways to skin a cat ...

I'm going to get an sd card adapter which will accept a micro sd card. Using that in my camera will allow me to record onto a micro sd card. Then I can shove that into my phone directly. TADA!
    That's what I usually do. However, I do advise you to get a class 6 or 10 (preferable) micro sd card to use in the camera. The faster write speeds are really needed for that application.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    FWIW, here is a 32GB class 10 micro sd card w/ sd card carrier: Patriot LX 32GB Micro SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card - PSF32GMCSDHC10 | SuperMediaStore.com

I buy from these people all the time. Fast delivery. Good returns policies. Great prices.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Already ordered a Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC High Speed Memory Card with SD Adapter from Amazon.

Also getting quite a collection of various USB gizmos now haha. I do wish computer manufacturers would make their mind up about which way up their ports should be! Grrr!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2