Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello my dear geeks and geekettes. Need your advice. Basically me and my buddy from work urgently require better, faster, more agile phones. Our budget is around 250 euro, its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mobile Phone with chrooting

Hello my dear geeks and geekettes.
    Need your advice. Basically me and my buddy from work urgently require better, faster, more agile phones.

Our budget is around 250 euro, its about 300$, slightly more.

I am looking for tinkerable phone with descent hardware.
    I was originally thinking about: Huawei U8860 Honor. But it seems its not chrootable/can have virtual environment/can functionally be replaced by other OS. I want to be able to install my own software. I have special interest for gentoo.(my distro of choice), so opinion of gentoo brothers and sisters is especially valuable!(not to diminsh other opinions, I have no problem with debian/fedora/ubuntu etc, will consider to install them too)

I have no previous knowledge on Android, but I had open moko before, so I am adventerous to tinker with my own phone. Most liekly my buddy will ask me to do tinkering for him or will want to do it himself(which i dont mind at all)

So... Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Your silly dimko
    Last edited by dimko; 07-11-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: dah! written word geek over ea