Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am considering a new tablet that will be replacing my Nexus 7. I want a bigger tablet, but I don't know the best one for education. I'm considering one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best Android Tablet For Education? And Best Apps?

I am considering a new tablet that will be replacing my Nexus 7. I want a bigger tablet, but I don't know the best one for education. I'm considering one of the following.

Samsung galaxy note 10.1.

Nexus 10.

The note will good because it does have the s pen, which will be good for taking notes on. I'm a high school student and talking notes is something I need to do everyday, especially in my math class. But my hesitation with the tablet is that is is not up to date with the latest software. Android 4.2. And knowing that its not part of the nexus line, I'm sure it will not be getting up to date as time goes by. Which brings me to my next option the nexus 10.

I am considering this because it will stay up to date with the latest software which most other tablet makers will not do that. The downside to this is that it does not come with the s pen. But I'm sure there is a pen that can work on the nexus that I can use it for taking notes right? There just will not be a place to place the pen in the tablet.

This beings me to my final question. What are the best all's for education on android? I'm more looking to the higher quality asps that are paid for. Again I'm in high school an child apps will not be much use to me.

Just Joined!
    Acer Iconia A700 (no GSM or 3G) or Acer Iconia A701 (with GSM/3G).

Uses Android 4.1.2, but I believe it can be upgraded further and has a similar Education section for Apps as Ubuntu Software Manager

Hope this helps. I used an A700 and it was good.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregr1969 View Post
    Acer Iconia A700 (no GSM or 3G) or Acer Iconia A701 (with GSM/3G).

Uses Android 4.1.2, but I believe it can be upgraded further and has a similar Education section for Apps as Ubuntu Software Manager

Hope this helps. I used an A700 and it was good.
    I am not much of a fan of the Acer Tablets. I still don't know what I want, and am beginning to think that I really don't need a new tablet for education.

I would get the Samsung note, I have used it and I love it. The pen is awesome and works great. For apps that would depend on you, most of the apps I have are for my son that is in Kindergarten. The Amazon app store does give out a free app a day and that is where I got most of the educational apps.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtisCoburn View Post
    I am considering a new tablet that will be replacing my Nexus 7. I want a bigger tablet, but I don't know the best one for education. I'm considering one of the following.

Samsung galaxy note 10.1.

Nexus 10.

The note will good because it does have the s pen, which will be good for taking notes on. I'm a high school student and talking notes is something I need to do everyday, especially in my math class. But my hesitation with the tablet is that is is not up to date with the latest software. Android 4.2. And knowing that its not part of the nexus line, I'm sure it will not be getting up to date as time goes by. Which brings me to my next option the nexus 10.

I am considering this because it will stay up to date with the latest software which most other tablet makers will not do that. The downside to this is that it does not come with the s pen. But I'm sure there is a pen that can work on the nexus that I can use it for taking notes right? There just will not be a place to place the pen in the tablet.

This beings me to my final question. What are the best all's for education on android? I'm more looking to the higher quality asps that are paid for. Again I'm in high school an child apps will not be much use to me.
    When we talk about kids and education, it can be applied to tablets. Some people would mostly recommend Leapfrog Leap Pad2 for their toddlers. It is an android 3.2 gadget. It can be useful both for education and entertainment. I consider this as the Best educational tablets for kids. Try to check this site for more info: squidoo.com/best-educational-tablets-for-kids

whs
    Just Joined!
    Since you are used to the Nexus, I would vote for the Nexus 10 - maybe with a bluetooth keyboard like the Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad. Sorry, I am not yet allowed to posat the link. Look on Amazon for it.

I have a N7 with that keyboard and it works great.