Find the answer to your Linux question:
Android 5.0 is just around the corner. I'm excited to get the new Nexus 7 tablet, and willing to through $300 for the best one with mobile data. What are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What are your expectation for Key Lime Pi?

Android 5.0 is just around the corner. I'm excited to get the new Nexus 7 tablet, and willing to through $300 for the best one with mobile data. What are your expectations for the new update? What are your wished, or hopes?

I really want to see a new hardware design for the Nexus 7. I also want to see android get "Buttier" - so that it can be more smooth of an operating system. I also want to see more touch features built into the operating system, like better switching apps, and closing apps. A better notification center would be awesome too.

Linux Engineer
    I want to see it ported to x86, so Linux can run on tablets and Android could be run on PC if one wished. That would also potentially open the door for cross platform applications.

I have no real expectation of this, but it would be nice to see.

Now that Google has worked out all of the kinks in the user experience, they seem to be pushing their hardware more and more. I feel like this is going to alienate the 3rd party vendors, might lead to some kind of anti-trust action, and overall be bad for the Android ecosystem. However, that may open the door for another open source Mobile OS to take hold.

whs
    Just Joined!
    I really don't expect much. I am happy with my 32GB Nexus 7 as it is. I don't use it as a PC replacement but for applications where it is good at - e.g. navigation, phone calls, entertainment on the road and occasional mail checking when not at home. I also carry a little personal picture folder to show to people if I want to explain something.

People who expect full blown PC functions from a 7" tablet are on the wrong track. Portability is the main feature of a small tablet and with a Mifi you can make it work anywhere.

PS: I do not own a smartphone or any cell phone.