Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i hate to say this but apple got me a bit uneasy the last week, friend of mine told me that he had to replace his old iphone becuase ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sync android/desktop with open source?

hi,

i hate to say this but apple got me a bit uneasy the last week, friend of mine told me that he had to replace his old iphone becuase of some defect...all he did on the new phone was to enter his "cloud" information and all his data (calender, contacts, data) was synchronized.

this probably works with a google account the same, but is this also possible with linux and your own servers?

my older android phone only supports syncml (according to wikipedia it doesnt even have conflict resolution) besides google, is it possible to get a "full backup" with only open source software without sending your data to google?

i dont want a step by step instruction, just a generel yes and what software/protocols you use - protocols that are current with android (maybe activesync?)

greetings

Just Joined!
    if you only want to backup contacts/sms use super backup pro, free on playstore, upload it to dropbox or whatever and use it on another phone whenever you want

Titanium Backup will back up your entire phone to an SD card. It's not open source, of course, and not free, but it does work very well.