Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, It is the for my IPhone3S to retire. Incidentally my subsribing service 3G plan will terminate about 2 months later. I'm considering to get a 4G mobile phone. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Seeking advice on buying a new phone

Hi all,

It is the for my IPhone3S to retire. Incidentally my subsribing service 3G plan will terminate about 2 months later. I'm considering to get a 4G mobile phone. I'm a Linux folk having no objection running Linux OS on the new mobile phone. Neither I have preset budget. Suggestion would be appreciated. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, you will lose all the iPhone apps you may have purchases for the 3S if you switch to an Android or other phone other than an Apple ( can you spell "lock in"? ). If that isn't too important to you, then you have a lot of choices. Samsung, HTC, Motorola (Google), and others have some great Android (Linux) phones these days. You should go to some phone stores and check them out. If up-front $$ is not a major issue, and you don't want to get locked into a contract, then find some that you can get "unlocked" - ie, not bound to a specific phone provider. My Android (a Google Nexus 1) and Nokia phones (one is a Series 40 feature phone, the other is a Lumia 920 Windows phone) are all unlocked. I can switch my SIM from one to the other as I wish without problems.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!