Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know it's possible, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience in doing so? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running Linux on Android Smartphone via Emulator

I know it's possible, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience in doing so?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Linux Newbie
    Android already runs on Linux. You just have to load a Kernel you want and chroot in to it and you can get a desktop by using a vnc server.
    If you look for Linux on Android in the Play Store you should find something you can use.

Welcome aboard!

I've not personally done it, but I found this: LinuxonAndroid
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    FWIW, Android IS Linux! You just need to root your phone, and there you are! Since they are generally ARM devices, you should be able to use an appropriate ARM tool chain to build applications on your PC that can be transferred to your phone and run there. FWIW, I have rooted my phone, and have full root access to the OS and have done this on my Nexus One - out of date for sure, but still a good proof-of-concept!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Also Nokia N900 has operating system Linux.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    As do the new Nokia X phones. They are using the open source Android OS, so they can avoid using Google's UI cruft. Disclaimer - I work for Nokia Mobile Phones (now Microsoft Devices), and these are very important to the company for the low-to-mid-range smart phone market. Inexpensive and capable, and able to run 95+% of the Android apps out there. The only exceptions are those apps which rely heavily upon Google services.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!