Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. Bought it brand new some years ago. Android version is the last one available for that device (I do not remember which one it is and time it stays ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Samsung Galaxy Y Pro (GT-B5510L) keeps rebooting

Hello. Bought it brand new some years ago. Android version is the last one available for that device (I do not remember which one it is and time it stays on is not enough for me to find out).

I've tried:
    - Restoring via phone options (Back to factory settings) from Android Menu.
    - Restoring via hard reboot (with the phone off, pressing volume up and home while it's being switched on and releasing them once first Samsung symbol with phone model name and number appears).

I've never troubleshooted phones, so I'm kind of lost. I have an app that allows me to view as deep as phone's root partition, so if phone lets me I could copy all /var tree or /var/log and try to search for a /var/log/messages file to tail it.

Thank you in advanced. If I can do it, I'll post the output of it.

EDIT & UPDATE:

You can find log created by an App found on PlayStore here.
    Last edited by ivotkl; 03-08-2014 at 10:32 PM.

I'm just starting to mess with phones, this site has a lot of info.

Android, Windows Phone, and Windows Mobile Development News, Information, and Howtos - XDA Developers

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    How is the battery? Have you tried replacing it? Does it reboot if you have it plugged into mains power? If it does reboot when plugged into mains (wall socket power adapter), then there is a hardware problem - probably a failing chip/capacitor/etc and you will need to get it repaired. If not, then replace the battery. I have an old Nexus One with several backup batteries. I'm not using it much these days, but it does serve me well as a backup phone when my company one is fubar.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close