Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have compiled a kernel from source for the htc evo 4g. I get successfully the zImage. So, when i build the whole tree, i use the zImage as kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question boot.img too large!!!

I have compiled a kernel from source for the htc evo 4g. I get successfully the zImage. So, when i build the whole tree, i use the zImage as kernel instead of the prebuilt kernel.

However when i build the whole android tree, i get the following error:

out/target/product/supersonic/boot.img total size is 5988352 error: out/target/product/supersonic/boot.img too large (5988352 > [5406720 - 270336]) make: * [out/target/product/supersonic/boot.img] Error 1 make: * Deleting file `out/target/product/supersonic/boot.img'

Searching in web, i didn't find a solution.

I only found that the size of partitions are defined in the file device/htc/supersonic/BoardConfig.mk but i don't know how to change them.

BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00280000 BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000 BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x15e00000 # limited so we enforce room to grow BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x1aba0000

BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072

I dont know how to solve this issue.

This site mainly deals with full size Linux machine from raspberry pi and up. You might have better luck finding an answer on an Android developer site like:

http://www.xda-developers.com/
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Linux Guru

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I agree with DocBop - contact the Android developers' forum. Someone there can probably get you sorted out PDQ.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!