Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded and made a Live USB of Android x86 so I can boot to it from my laptop. Did it because Android has all kinds of OBD II programs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Best Android OBD II program?

I downloaded and made a Live USB of Android x86 so I can boot to it from my laptop. Did it because Android has all kinds of OBD II programs that'll work with my ELM-327 adapter. I did use one to remove the trouble code from my wife's car but it crashed when I did it and I couldn't read the codes, might be I didn't know how but I did click on the button to read codes and got nothing. So, what are some of the better OBD II programs for Android that are in the Google Play Store? Thanks in advance.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

I have Torque and Carista on my Droidx. Carista is a basic scanner but works better picking up the codes that Torque missed.

I haven't used one in a couple or three years, but Torque was what I mostly used. About all I can suggest now is download some and try them.

Is Torque a free app or paid? I downloaded a couple free ones that I'm going to test out.
    Can't wait for my SanDisk 8GB Fit USB "nubs" to get here tomorrow. I'll do an actual Install of Android x86 so I'll have persistence like I've done with my Patriot 8GB stick. That way I can boot to em' when I need to run Android for my OBD II apps and they won't stick out as much as my normal USB sticks do.
    The more I learn about Linux the more fun I'm having with it. Now I'm able to run Android on a laptop/Netbook, that''s just too uber cool for words.

Torque was free the last time I checked, but it might now have a paid upgrade giving more features. Check the Google Play Store for details.

I have Torque Lite installed and one other one, the name escapes me at the moment. Torque Pro isn't free anymore so hopefully Torque Lite will do everything I want to do which is basically read and clear codes.

I managed to get the premium torque appfree, outside of the "play store".

The Amazon store has a "free app of the day" feature, and I have a few useful paid apps that I got that way, but they're few and far between.