Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Good Apps for Android??

What are some good apps for Android? I'm using Dolphin for my browser and I like it a lot. I've installed X-plore file manager and it does a pretty good job. I just installed a firewall but I'm not sure if it's good or not so advice on when a good one is would be nice. Any other apps that would make running Android more like using Linux on the desktop would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Good for what? There are literally many thousands of apps that do all sorts of things. Dolphin was a great browser a few years ago, but I gave it up and now use Chrome. ESFileExplorer is the file manager to use, hands down. I wouldn't bother with a firewall on Android. For a listing of apps people like, go to Reviews of Android OS Apps | Brighthand.com - SmartPhone and PDA Discussion

Good for what? I don't know, just good for making Android feel and act more like Linux that I have on m laptop. Good for Security. Good for just a general "cool" factor. So a Firewall is not needed or just not useful? I run the Simple Firewall on my Ubuntu MATE installs and I think it just adds a nice layer of Security when I'm on line.
    I'd still like to find something like Privacy Badger for Dolphin that'll block tracking cookies and I'd like something like NoScript to block Java Script attacks and keep it from working unless I give it permission. I'd just like to have my tablets be as useful as my laptops are and as easy to use too.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you're using the tablet, and the laptop, at home with a router, running a firewall is a waste of resources. The router is also a firewall. I think a firewall is also a waste when using public wifi, as long as you're careful where you go. If you want your tablet to look and feel like a PC desktop, there are many launchers available on the Play Store. I haven't searched for any that look like a PC. I like Nova Launcher, but that's a subjective decision. IME making tablets useful and easy to use does not involve making them into laptops, because they work differently. But whatever works for you.

For privacy, I like Ghostery, on all my devices - laptop, desktop, tablet, everything. If you use Firefox or Chrome, the standard extensions are available, so you can block javascript like on a PC. I don't know about Dolphin.

Here is my list: 1. 1Weather 2. Flipagram 3. Tiny Scanner 4. Photo Grid 5. Musixmatch best android apps..

There are many apps but photo grid and B12 is best app

Shadowsocks - VPN access
    Feedly - Rss reading
    AirDroid - File transfer

Linux Guru
    -->