Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

iphone 5s finger print scanner

Hi guys, Theres a mobile phone provider offering a free i phone on a good bundle at an ok price where i am, Im thinking of getting it but am not to fond of the idea of giving my finger print to an on line device every time i unlock my phone. Any work arounds?

Well, how about writing in a forum that actually addresses these kinds of problem, instead of a linux forum?

Oh, Pleas forgive me. What an inconvenience it must have been for you to click my thread and make an unhelpful reply. I will report to the appropriate sub category of an IOS/Iphone5s forum immediately.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredHomosapian View Post
    Oh, Pleas forgive me. What an inconvenience it must have been for you to click my thread and make an unhelpful reply. I will report to the appropriate sub category of an IOS/Iphone5s forum immediately.
    Anyway, regarding your question which will probably never be answered ever by any other member, as this forum is quasi-dead:

I don't understand your question exactly. Why do you think you're forced to use the fingerprint? This is just a feature that you can skip, at least on iphone 5s (ios 9 - I don't think they've changed it in ios 10). You can always use your pin code to unlock your phone.

Actually the main access is through your pin, not your fingerprint. This is just to make things easier for the user - and to collect private data, obviously From time to time (and every time you reboot your phone), you'll need the pin code and you won't be able to access your phone through your fingerprint until you've entered that code.

Can you recommend a less em...... ''dead fourm?''

Can you recommend a less em...... ''dead fourm?''
    Why don't you try apple discussions? They might answer.

Anyway, maybe I could help you after all if you have any other questions. But, as I was saying, you don't have to use a fingerprint if you don't want to. The passcode is the most important, even if you use fingerprint access or not.

Linux Guru
    a free i phone
    really?
    wow.
    i want one.

Thanks, and yer, a free 5s for 25/month with unlimited data ''24month contract tho'' am i the only one that finds service diminishes as soon as your locked in contract ?
    I hate android, But do you think il hate ios more if i ever plan on pairing it with linux?

Thanks, and yer, a free 5s for 25/month with unlimited data ''24month contract tho'' am i the only one that finds service diminishes as soon as your locked in contract ?
    I hate android, But do you think il hate ios more if i ever plan on pairing it with linux?
    What do you mean by pairing with linux? What are you thinking about? If you want to make the best out of an iphone 5s and use stuff like Continuity (you can google it) and so on, then you'd need to buy a macbook (air, pro, simple).

I'm not sure what you expect from integrating it with a linux operating system. Have no idea how Ubuntu or Mint (which are the more user-friendly desktop linux distros), for instance, might integrate with it. On Windows, you'd need to install itunes if you want to transfer files, make backups and so on.

On Linux, you'd need so sort of virtualization (wine, etc.)

Linux Guru
    -->
    yes, definitely.