Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Security/phones is it possible?

Hi guys, What is currently regard as the ultimate in mobile security and privacy?. I remember people used to talk about Blackberry for there encryption, However these days with all our phones being ever more complex and potentially venerable, Are there any solutions to these problems? What option are there? any mobile equivalents to tails or the like? I don't trust android or iOS. surly theres an alternative to google and apple.

Linux Newbie
    One alternative is Sailfish OS.

Anyway, if you want a secure phone look at Blackphone https://www.silentcircle.com

Linux Guru
    interesting you should mention sailfish.
    i had my eyes on a jolla a while back, so i looked into it. seemed to me, then, that they are surely different from android - and closer to "real" linux - but what makes you say they're actually more secure?

alos, i can see they went "community powered" - whether that actually means open source, who knows?
    if i wanted to dis them, i could say: when the company goes bankrupt, you can always continue by making it "community powered"...

one aspect to consider surely is that they are europe-based and thusly european legislation applies, not U.S.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    -->
    I'm not saying Sailfish is more secure than Android or ios, I'm just saying it is an alternative to those OS
    Blackphone seems to be a real secure phone