Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need help on recovering deleted photos on Galaxy S6

Tried Recuva and PhotoRec but only existing photos being scanned. What is your thought on this?

P.S. the phone is with Android 6.0.1

The files are gone.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If they were stored in main memory, you are toast. If you stored them in a micro-SD card you may be able to get them back by pulling the card (after turning off the phone of course) and mounting it on a regular computer. Normally the SD cards use a FAT file system, so either Linux, Windows, or OSX should be able to read it. I have an S5 with removable micro-SD card. Don't know about the S6.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    @Rubberman, thanks for the tip. S6 doesn't have SD card slot. so i guess the photos are in internal memory. I thought it would be the same as hard drive. when files being deleted, it is only marked invisible.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I really like the S5. Removable battery. Removable SD card (sits on top of the SIM card. Easy to remove back cover to get to the battery and cards. I got it when I worked for Adobe a couple of years ago. When I left the company they said to keep it. I just wiped the system (with SD card removed), plugged in my own SIM card, put back the SD card with all of my photos, and had a brand new phone!

There are less phones with SD option for now. What is the current phone you are using?

-->
    I have a drawer full of cell phones (I worked for Nokia Mobile Phones for 2 1/2 years). I have 2 that I use. The S5 for normal US-based stuff, and a one+one for international travel (unlocked and has all international GSM frequencies). They are both great phones. The one+one doesn't support removable battery or SD cards, but is unlocked, has plenty of memory, and good battery life. When I travel to Mexico to visit family I get a SIM card that for a couple of months costs me under $10 and provides unlimited calling and text in Mexico, to the USA, and a gig or two of data which handles my navigation systems during the trip. For the navigation I use Here (used to be Nokia Here, but they spun the division off). Works even if there is no cell coverage (unlike Google maps), which can be important when you are in the back of beyond!