Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have drawn out a map of a network i want to create and would like some clarification on my connections actually being correct. I wish to connect a modem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Router connection

I have drawn out a map of a network i want to create and would like some clarification on my connections actually being correct.

I wish to connect a modem to the WAN port of a wireless router, and connect a wired router via wireless routers port 1, to the wired routers port 1. Port #2 of the wireless router will be my linux machine, port #3 will be a windows xp pro machine, and port #4 will be connected to a switch with a network printer, windows xp machine, and 2 linux machines. The wired router will also have machines running on it in the near future (Linux and Windows)

My goal is for each computer to access the internet, and share files and printers between each of them. Is it possible to create one "single network" which allows these capabilities with the connection method I described above?

Im going to be starting it soon and am trying to figure out the strongest and most reliable way to achieve the network, but im worried its going to divide them up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks -Danny
    Last edited by wakeboardan; 08-08-2007 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo