Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have succesfully built a three node cluster that has been fielded. I have to duplicate this configuration and field to a second location; so I clone the disks from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problems with cloning a cluster

I have succesfully built a three node cluster that has been fielded. I have to duplicate this configuration and field to a second location; so I clone the disks from each of the machines, change the names, IP, etc. I then go into the first node and remove the /etc/cluster.conf file. I then start up
    system-config-cluster...which nicely prompts me to open a new file because one does not exist...looks good...until I start the CMAN service! It seems the CMAN service pulls a backup of the cluster.conf file from...who knows where...and not very nicely overwrites the new one I created. I have stopped all cluster services - rebooted - everything I could think of.
    It does not matter what I do - it keeps overwriting it...

help!

Just Joined!

Fixed

It appears the CCSD (Cluster Configuration System Daemon) actually goes out across the network to poll and retrieve the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file from one of the machines with the same cluster name. So - the fix was to make sure the "cluster name" and the "cluster alias" in the cluster.conf file on the new cluster was different than the original cluster.