Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a weird issue here. I have Ubuntu connected via a router to my DSL connection. I have an active connection on the Ubuntu computer but when downloading software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Ubuntu 6.06 and shared internet

I have a weird issue here. I have Ubuntu connected via a router to my DSL connection. I have an active connection on the Ubuntu computer but when downloading software updates if I am not right there moving my mouse. The download stops. As soon as I move the mouse it picks up again. I'm new to both Ubuntu and Linux. Any ideas on what I have not gotten set up correctly?

Linux Newbie

Weird Download Issue

Aloha,
    Does it stop when you are downloading other files from say FTP or Firefox? What kind of mouse do you have? Etc.... Please provide a little more information.
    Mahalo,
    Edward
    GNU/Linux is a powerful Free OS. Fear is a powerful motivator. Freedom is sweet. Fear GNU/Linux. Savor Freedom.

Just Joined!
    Any kind of downloads. I did a ping last night. The first time it lost five out of ten. I didn't touch anything. The second time I kept moving the mouse and it didn't lose any. I am using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Wireless mouse.

Just Joined!
    I tracked down my problem with my Ubuntu system. The PCI Ethernet card only had one screw holding the bracket to the card and it was loose. I added another screw and tightened the bracket. Now my Ubuntu system connects to the internet without any problem.