Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Linux Friends, As of today I am a newbie to the linux world, as I received a gift for a recent birthday of a book packaged with Fedora Core ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Networking Help

Hello Linux Friends,

As of today I am a newbie to the linux world, as I received a gift for a recent birthday of a book packaged with Fedora Core 1 However the book covers basics and not really troubleshooting.

I have had the excess parts from upgrades to build the system for a while and have been interested in learning to use linux. Thus you will find some hardware items less than current.

I have installed the Fedora Core 1 linux and packages that came with the guide and got as far as networking, I am on a network with 2 XP HE computers connected to a linksys BEFSR41 now on the XP boxes it's plug N surf..

I need help setting up fedora. The on board networking is detected its a VT(several numbers) Rhine II or to XP a VIA T10/100 Ethernet port, and it is shown in the network setup as eth0 it will not auto detect dhcp, it fails during boot and if I insert an ip i.e 192.168.102 and 255.255.255.0 and refresh It will show active and I can connect to the router setup, via 192.168.1.1 but not the internet.

I am working within gnome under the user account and yes have and know the root password, I know not square one what to do, and would appreciate a very newbie ish hand held walkthrough.

System info is as such:

Soyo KT333 dragon Plus Mobo
    Onboard Intel Ethernet T10/100
    Onboard CMedia Sound
    AMD 1G Processor
    512M DDR Ram
    ATI Radeon 7000VE 64M AGP
    Maxtor 13G HDD
    Creative 52X CDROM

Networking Router
    Linksys BEFSR41 v2 w/the latest firmaware installed.

Internet Information
    Verizon DSL PPOE
    Dynamic IP's change connection is maintained by the router.
    The router is setup as a dhcop server for upto 3 Machines.

Thanks In Advance,

Nyxx
    Future Penguista

p.s To US residents have a good 4th weekend.

Just Joined!
    Solved by setting the gateway to 192.168.1.1

in netconfig