Find the answer to your Linux question:
We have several Windows clients which need to be routed through a specific dial-up phone number for various IP addresses. I would like to configure a single linux box, with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Linux as Dial-Up Router

We have several Windows clients which need to be routed through a specific dial-up phone number for various IP addresses. I would like to configure a single linux box, with a single modem, as a router/gateway/bridge for those external networks.

Anyone ever do this before? Any advice on what to use?

Any wisdom would be greatly apreciated.

Thanx. =)

I have never tried it but this tutorial looks like it should help!

Howto Setup Linux as router for ppp dial up (PSTN/ISDN) connections

Just Joined!

Unhappy Routing over dial-up

Okay, I'm getting closer. I was FINALLY able to get the modem working and I can dial-up perfectly. My next dilema is working through the logic with iptables and forwarding through the modem.

Here's what I have...

Our local network (and the computer's NIC) uses a typical 192.168.1.x scheme. The client uses several Class A subnets (ie 10.34.97.x / 255.255.255.240).

I need to ensure that people on our local network can route THROUGH this linux box, from the NIC to the modem, and have the packets forwarded onward.

Could someone lend a hand with the IPTables configuration? Or, if I'm heading down the wrong road, please say the word.

Thanx. =}