Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I have set up a debian router and firewall using shorewall. I have two NIC. eth0 is connected to the Internet, eth1 is connected to a switch. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to Config Shorewall to make this work?

Hello everyone,

I have set up a debian router and firewall using shorewall. I have two NIC. eth0 is connected to the Internet, eth1 is connected to a switch. The switch is connected to two PCs.

My problem is, when PC1 host a game in warcraft 3, PC2 cannot join the game if it is through Battle.net or cannot see the game if it is through LAN. But players from other network can join my game.

I don't know what should I do to shorewall to make PC2 and PC1 communicate. Could someone give some advice?

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyjimmy View Post

I don't know what should I do to shorewall to make PC2 and PC1 communicate. Could someone give some advice?

Thanks
    Hi,

Are PC1 and PC2 connected on the same LAN segment, i.e. firewall interface, but they are belonging to different IP nets? If the answer to this question is yes, maybe you need to review the interface options and deactivate routefilter.

If not, maybe your problem is the listener configuration on your WCIII host PC.

I hope this helps to you

jruz