Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

install 3com wireless adapter

hi guys,

i am very new to linux and i encoutered problem installing this 3com OfficeConnect Wireless LAN USB adapter (Model : 3CRSHEW696)
    * i am using Fedora

i can not even find the driver for this model that can run under linux.. have anyone of u guys configure this device before ??? if yes, can u guys give me an idea how to install this device and make it workable ??

p.s: if possible, please give me some reference how to make this work,,, i am very new on this and i dun really know how to u command line except using the interface i can see from Fedora Genome.

** one of my business partner said this device can be run under Linux Fedora but didn't say how to make it works..

i really hope u guys may able to assist me..

The DairyLand
    ok this might work or might not youll have to try it the NDISwrapper it lists the nic after yours so it might work or might not. Here is a list of what is supported and put the nic in and boot then as root in a shell type 'lspci -n ' and u will get an output of PCI id's and if one of them matches an id in this list then this driver wrapper might is a bit buggy still
    and if this dosnt work check out though a warning they do charge for there driver though.....after a 30 day trial
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds