Hi,
Fedora Core 2 detected my Dlink card DWL-520 as an ethernet card (and not a wireless device) when I installed the operating system.
Secondly, it says "no such device" whenever I try to do
<command> <wireless device name>
Thirdly, the following is the message from dmesg (please pay ATTENTIOn to the driver compaining hardware unavailable):
Basically, how do I make a new device??

orinoco.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
orinoco_pci.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> & Jean Tourrilhes <jt@hpl.hp.com> )
PCI: Enabling device 0000:01:0b.0 (0004 -> 0006)
Detected Orinoco/Prism2 PCI device at 0000:01:0b.0, mem:0x40300000 to 0x40300FFF -> 0x1a92a000, irq:11
Reset done.............................................. .............................................<7>or inoco_lock() called with hw_unavailable (dev=15c82ce0)
.<7>orinoco_lock() called with hw_unavailable (dev=15c82ce0)
.<7>orinoco_lock() called with hw_unavailable (dev=15c82ce0)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......;
Clear Reset............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........;
pci_cor : reg = 0x2 - 16AAD6 - 16A8E2
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth2
hermes @ MEM 0x1a92a000: Timeout waiting for card to reset (reg=0x0000)!
eth2: failed to initialize firmware (err = -110)
divert: freeing divert_blk for eth2
eth2: Failed to register net device
orinoco_pci: probe of 0000:01:0b.0 failed with error -110
[root@localhost /]# ifconfig eth2
eth2: error fetching interface information: Device not found[B]