Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, having this ugly problem connecting to the outside world from behind ISA and NAT. Basically there are only xp-clients, these use domain+isa authentication with an automatic script configuration ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

through ISA from behind NAT

Hi folks,

having this ugly problem connecting to the outside world from behind ISA and NAT.

Basically there are only xp-clients, these use domain+isa authentication with an automatic script configuration win internet explorer. To use firefox one only needs to copy and paste the "script for automatic configuration" from explorer to firefox and enter the domain username and pass when asked when browsing the net.

But with fedora:
    Firefox works fine as in xp but all other programs/services are refusing to connect. F.ex. yum gives me connections timed out error:

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mir...hide&arch=i386 error was
    [Errno 14] HTTP Error 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied. )
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: development. Please verify its path and try again

When and how do you people configure the system to authenticate through isa and NT domain? Is there a global setting in Fedora/ other distos? Setting for yum?

Many thanks.
    Regards, DB

I'm not familiar with the kind of authentication you're using, but it's possible to configure yum to use a proxy, including username and password. This is set up in your /etc/yum.conf file. Take a look at it's manpage - but kyum and yumex will both allow you to do some basic configuration on there too, and they come with a gui to make it a bit eaiser for you.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/