Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here's my situation... I have a very nice SSH Tunnel Proxy I use. It only allows one login per account... Here's some background information about how the service works. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Does iptables Support This?

Here's my situation... I have a very nice SSH Tunnel Proxy I use. It only allows one login per account... Here's some background information about how the service works. When I log in, I use SSH Tunnel Manager. This program basically binds forwarding addresses on the loopback interface. (EG. 127.0.0.1:8080). So after the tunnel is established I open up my Web Browser and set my proxy settings all to 127.0.0.1 port 8080. I have STPROXY daemon setup on the machine that is connected to the tunnel.
    Now that you know some info of how this application operates, I will state my question.
    I would like to set it up, so that my STPROXY daemon will forward the information requested by the connection (local or remote), through the already established SSH tunnel. I do have STPROXY working successfully and was able verify other machines could log in and proxy their traffic through it. The problem I am having, lies in the fact that the proxied traffic doesn't use the SSH shell.

Here is a diagram showing what currently is happening, and what I would like to see happen. Key is at the bottom.

So right now my setup is the following..
    Normal HTTP Request from [C1]
    [C1] === [TS] _-_-_-_- [Destination]
    Note: This is the proper method, which I am trying to share with my other computers.

HTTP Request from [C2]
    [C2] -=-=-=-[C1]---------------[Destination]
    Note: Notice how when C2 makes a request, the information requested from [C1] is not transfered out via SSH Tunnel.

Desired HTTP Request from [C2]
    [C2]-=-=-=-[C1]=====[TS]_-_-_-_-_-[Destination]
    Note: This is the setup I would like and am *trying* to configure.

Topology Key:
    [TS] = Tunnel Server
    [C1] = Computer One (Connected to Tunnel, Hosting Proxy)
    [C2] = Computer Two (Connected to proxy, unable to use tunnel yet)
    - - - means Regular
    -=-=-=- means proxied
    === means encrypted + proxied
    _-_-_- means Anonymous Regular

So far the only idea I'm having relates to forcing the IPTABLES to send all requests destined for port 80 on foreign networks to exit via the 127.0.0.1:8080 socket.
    Any and all suggestions or information regarding solutions to this issue would be extremely appreciated!
    Thanks for your time

Just Joined!
    Nevermind I got it working. =D