Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Can two or more domain names be mapped to the same IP address, e.g; aaa.com bbb.com ccc.com mapped to the same IP 123.123.123.123. Would confusion be created on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About 2 or more domains on same IP address

Hi folks,

Can two or more domain names be mapped to the same IP address, e.g;

aaa.com
    bbb.com
    ccc.com

mapped to the same IP 123.123.123.123. Would confusion be created on sharing the same IP address? TIA

satimis

Yes. You have one domain set up correctly, and you just point the DNS record for the other at the static IP of the first. I do this for my domains; the reverse lookups don't work right for the extra domains (they can't) but for simple web browsing it works great. Apache's virtual hosts will allow you to have a separate web page for each domain too.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    Yes. You have one domain set up correctly, and you just point the DNS record for the other at the static IP of the first. I do this for my domains; the reverse lookups don't work right for the extra domains (they can't) but for simple web browsing it works great. Apache's virtual hosts will allow you to have a separate web page for each domain too.
    Thanks for your advice.

I'll use the 2nd domain for test only, following;
    PostfixVirtualMailBoxClamSmtpHowto
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Po...xClamSmtpHowto

The test needs at least 2 domains.

I have my own domain running on static IP and will register another subdomain on changeip.com for this test. They will detect the static IP address.

B.R.
    satimis