Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm aware of several "mini" Linux distrubutions that can be used as router/firewalls. I've read the post about routers and am more or less familiar with the procedure. However, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dialup router / USB Printer

I'm aware of several "mini" Linux distrubutions that can be used as router/firewalls. I've read the post about routers and am more or less familiar with the procedure. However, it does not seem to me that any of "mini" distributions have much (or any) support for a USB printer. I need to create a linux router for my win98 machines, but that can also act as a print server for my win98 machines?

I actually had this working with mandrake 9.2, but then I upgraded to 10.0 and everything quit working. Now, I'm thinking of switching to something a bit cleaner, something minimal. I've searched the forums, checked google and distrowatch, but cannot confirm that there is anything out there EXACTLY like what I'm looking for.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?
    Thanks
    -Steve

A friend recommended clark connect to me, i don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but i think it will support a usb printer and i know its a good gateway (not through personal trial, so no garuntees)
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333