Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI guys I need some help with a frustrating problem I'm having with Debian sarge 3.1r5. I've been setting it up for use but I'm encountering networking problems. I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

IPTables problem...I think

HI guys

I need some help with a frustrating problem I'm having with Debian sarge 3.1r5. I've been setting it up for use but I'm encountering networking problems. I can get neither Krdc nor SSH to work, they just hang, even when I start them as root. If I try to ping my other machine I get the message “operation not allowed”, again acting as root gives me the same message. I'm guessing that this is a firewall problem as I dual boot and all this works with SuSE so hardware is fine. Google gives me some solutions but they all seem a little mixed up. Has anybody experienced this here and what solution did you use to get it going (I'm expecting to have to dive into IPTables).

I'm using Guarddog to configure IPTables and I'm using static IP's over a crossover cable.

cheers
    " I didn't know it was a picture of his wife! I thought it was a publicity shot form Planet Of the Apes."

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Can you please show me the logs about this problem?

Well if you disable the firewall does everything work?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted