Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Lazydog OK, I have re-read your posts again. I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do. Please explain in DETAIL what it is you are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    OK, I have re-read your posts again. I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do.

Please explain in DETAIL what it is you are trying to do.
    Give examples!!
    I'm connected to internet from london ( 4 example ) but I want my ip to be from LA ( to nobody found out I'm on trip ) so I've used vpn for this purpose , ok?

I need to this 4 IPs not only one of theme. ( because of rapidshare , you know ! )

Quote Originally Posted by phpcs View Post
    I'm connected to internet from london ( 4 example ) but I want my ip to be from LA ( to nobody found out I'm on trip ) so I've used vpn for this purpose , ok?

I need to this 4 IPs not only one of theme. ( because of rapidshare , you know ! )

OK, I'm done here!

WHY?

Simple, this smells of something illegal!!

I refuse to help someone do something illegal knowingly!!!
    And I get that feeling here big time!

What does it matter what IP address you are coming from, unless you are trying not to be traced?
    Why are you so worried about someone seeing what IP address you came from?
    This in itself smell funny and I'm not going to take part in it.
    Do not try to convince me otherwise because what ever you tell me from here on I most likely will not believe.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    It ain't matter, I hardly believe that you can't offer a solution,

but just look at rapidshare and then with a little math skills you can found out that buying 4 ips that costs 4$ a month is more affordable than paying rapidshare.

I think I need a rule to act with the case of input interface. that's all.

Stick it in your mind that in forums you and the other peoples are not important the only thing that matter is the act of sharing knowledge. I don't know why people like spending their time in forums and mailing list, maybe 'cause they wanna show they know a lot.

whatever I think we ruined this forum.

Just Joined!
    Great mighty Czech Republic, in the heart of Europe :-)
    I think I know what you are trying to do, and I do not think that's illegal.
    Rapidshare allows one download only and after that you have to wait 105 minutes to download next file. The downloader is identiffied by his IP address, that's why you want to have 4 of them - to be able to download 4 files at once (or decrease wait time). Correct?

If yes, then in fact you are trying to do this:

<you somewhere on Internet> <---><your VPN server>
    ________internet(rapidshare) <---><eth0>
    ________internet(rapidshare) <---><eth0:0>
    ________internet(rapidshare) <---><eth0:1>
    ________internet(rapidshare) <---><eth0:2>

and you want to be able to choose IP address from which you'll access the rapidshare.

I'm not sure if this can be done automatically using iptables. Maybe yes, but it would require a lot of tunning.

I can imagine easier solution with changing default gateway in routing table using simple script. You would simply run this script whenewer you would like to change the IP, the default gateway would change automatically. However, this could cause loss of current connections (not sure, I never tried anything like this)

You could try that also for example using 4 instances of squid - without cashing to speed it up. This way all you would have to do to change IP would be to set the proxy server in your browser. That's few clicks. (this I've tried several years ago, and it worked)

Xman

Just Joined!
    Xman thank you,
    I like your way, but finally I found out that with static ip assigning in vpn server to each user it's easy to solve the problem. for a user ( which has it's own static ip like 10.0.0.1 .... ) we can create a iptables rule, so if I need to change the ip it's as easy as reconnecting to vpn server with different username.

thank you all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3