Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

VOIP/ Internet phones

Hi, I'm new to VOIP and I'm looking to set up linux to use an internet phone, I thought I'd start out with the mic+headphones route and move onto a usb phone when I felt it was worth the setup effort and additional cost. I am aware that I can use msn on windows to make a 'phone call' to another msn user, but what I'm looking to do is phone somebody who has an internet phone for free, they are currently using a paid service provided by orange (like skype) but I'm looking to do this for free, what do I need to do? (using SuSE 10.3)

I doubt that you'll find a free service for the circumstances you lay out unless you subscribe to the same orange service. Skype, for example, is free but only when you call another Skype user.

-->
    The same with OrbTalk for example. Free calls only to other OrbTalk users. In this case you dial an internal OrbTalk number.

As long as you dial a standard phone number and you have to when dialling Skype from OrbTalk, for example, you pay as you would call any other landline number.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.

$spacer_open
$spacer_close