Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new to VOIP and I'm looking to set up linux to use an internet phone, I thought I'd start out with the mic+headphones route and move onto a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VOIP/ Internet phones

Hi, I'm new to VOIP and I'm looking to set up linux to use an internet phone, I thought I'd start out with the mic+headphones route and move onto a usb phone when I felt it was worth the setup effort and additional cost. I am aware that I can use msn on windows to make a 'phone call' to another msn user, but what I'm looking to do is phone somebody who has an internet phone for free, they are currently using a paid service provided by orange (like skype) but I'm looking to do this for free, what do I need to do? (using SuSE 10.3)

I doubt that you'll find a free service for the circumstances you lay out unless you subscribe to the same orange service. Skype, for example, is free but only when you call another Skype user.
    Pete

The same with OrbTalk for example. Free calls only to other OrbTalk users. In this case you dial an internal OrbTalk number.

As long as you dial a standard phone number and you have to when dialling Skype from OrbTalk, for example, you pay as you would call any other landline number.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close