Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi ALL, I want use ncFTP in my shell script to transfer files one after another to ftpserver. is there any script for that...and i want to know ftp is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up ncFTP

hi ALL,

I want use ncFTP in my shell script to transfer files one after another to ftpserver.

is there any script for that...and i want to know ftp is sucess or failure and file is sent or not .

how?

Code:
    for name in `ls`; do ncftpput -u usernmae -p password ftp.server.com remotepath $name; done
    there are a lot of options for ncftpput you might want to pay attantion to in order to increase verbose level, etc

Just Joined!

Thumbs up ncftp

thanks for reply... i am not getting this code ...can u please explain me in steps ( please in detail explai because this is new for me)

and give me some more examples......

thanks in advance
    Last edited by packet; 03-01-2008 at 06:25 AM. Reason: some more clarifications

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well.. the example is writen in bash.

What it does is to make a for cycle. It puts all the file names of the curent directory line by line into the variable $name. After that for each file it executes ncftpput. You can read about it's options by running ncftpput -h
    remotepack is the server's path that your files will be uploaded to.