Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI People.... Now I Am Windows Because I cant Connect TO The INternet Using the Modem In Windows, I Need TO Install Drivers, The Modem Is External, USes USB, Is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ZOOM ADSL USB MODEM Not Linking On mandrakelinux 10

HI People.... Now I Am Windows Because I cant Connect TO The INternet Using the Modem

In Windows, I Need TO Install Drivers, The Modem Is External, USes USB, Is 5510 Series .
    I Just Have Downloaded And Installed Drivers From
    http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/
    Which Support My Modem But When I Installed Them, The Modem's "LINK" LIght Isn't On And Modem Is still In Other/unknown Devices List In Mandrake Computer Configuration . I Dont Have Anything Else TO Say About It Except That I Live In UK And That's All.

Thank You

Ah yes, do you have the Zoom user's manual? If not download a PDF copy from www.zoom.com and while you are there, you might want to down load the Linux drivers for the modem. I have a 5041 cable modem, however, I have not as yet, set it up for my Linux machine. Also when I do set it up, it will not be with USB.

Just Joined!
    This Modem Doesnt Work On linux...
    I Just Got A New Router Which needs No Drivers And By The Way..... The Zoom 5510 Manual Was All About Windows

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by wykis_
    This Modem Doesnt Work On linux...
    I Just Got A New Router Which needs No Drivers And By The Way..... The Zoom 5510 Manual Was All About Windows
    Well glad to hear that you got your problem solved, is not just amazing the things one discovers reading the instructions? Welcome to the forum!