Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking for an easy to configure linux proxy server OR firewall like smoothwall or ipcop for instance. I already have a wireless router in place but its the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Proxy vs. Firewall?

I am looking for an easy to configure linux proxy server OR firewall like smoothwall or ipcop for instance.

I already have a wireless router in place but its the linksys wrt54g v5 running dd-wrt but problem is i cant use snmp on it the v5 model or I would use snmp to pass stats to wrtg. So basically I am looking for an alternative that will be simple to setup. Basically multi-homing an old box that will connect directly to the router so that all traffic passes through it so that it will record network traffic and bandwidth usage.

So with that being the priority I really dont want a package that is going to force me to go through the process of configuring actual firewall rules.

Any thoughts on this? These products I mentioned might behave in the manner I mention but I did not see this specifically mentioned on the sites of either.

Thanks all

try endian firewall (proxy+vpn+etc)