Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, This is my first post and I have a question. I wish to have legal torrent traffic (for grabbing linux ISOs as I need them) going through a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Routing Specific Traffic Through Different Internet Connections

Hello All,

This is my first post and I have a question.

I wish to have legal torrent traffic (for grabbing linux ISOs as I need them) going through a separate connection than my normal Internet/LAN traffic.

I am wondering if, for example, I route all outgoing torrent traffic through the ISP associated with eth1 that it will be received through the same connection and not through the ISP associated with eth0.

The reason I am asking is because I have a slower connection that I don't mind using for torrents while my main connection is tied down to gaming and surfing etc.

So, in asking that I have a few additional questions. Will this have to be configured on a separate box that is the link between all the networks or can I do it from my laptop using iptables and iproute2.

If a diagram is needed to explain the above sentence, I will be happy to draw one up. If I have also been unclear with my question, let me know and I will happily reword it as best I can.

Thanks in advance,
    aR

Just Joined!
    Not needed, another forum answered my question.

Thanks for looking.
    aR