Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Searching through captured packets

Hi,
    I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap files by ip addresses and then records the timestamps. I know a few programs that do this type of thing such as WireShark but they take up too much memory when analyzing gigabytes of data and that is why I am looking to write a relatively simple code which just gets my task done and gathers data for me. Please email me at hersh92@gmail.com, any help is appreciated.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

This looks like it might be a classwork assignment... is it?
    oz

Just Joined!
    not really, i am actually a HS student and it is part of what I have to work on for summer research at a college so I guess you can sort of consider it an assignment but it isnt as if it is going to be graded or anything, we just need this done so that we can run the program on collected data in order to find patterns and consistancies which are essential to our research.