Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi , Actually what i need is a network monitoring tool. I need to monitor the websites urls accessed by the users. I need to send reports what all the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

monitoring tool

Hi ,

Actually what i need is a network monitoring tool. I need to monitor the websites urls accessed by the users.

I need to send reports what all the unofficial URLs visited by users. Kindly suggest me a tool or script based on linux.

We dont have domain or proxy server , machines are connected in workgroup only
    and the internet is configured in a modem. The LAN IP address of modem is 192.168.1.1 , we use this as a gateway for all clients to browse.

How do i monitor the URL visited by all the users. We dont have user logins centrally. they simply login in their local machines. we have 13 number of users.

please help me out in this.

Thanks

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    This is almost futile in my opinion. Without central admin, authentication, a proxy and users connecting directly to the internet via the modem, its almost impossible to log what they are doing. They can simply delete all the browser history, cache and cookies. If its an option get a server to act as your proxy, setup some way of central authentication and I am sure you will be able to look at the squid logs to find out what the network users are up to.