Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, Im new in Linux, I have written two client and server perl script programs, because these two PCs should communicate contineously with each other. but some packet are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Packet lose during communication?

Hi everybody,

Im new in Linux,
    I have written two client and server perl script programs, because these two PCs should communicate contineously with each other. but some packet are lost during communication.

I want to analyze the way, also the stations and modules, which the packets cross them. but I don't know how can I begin to analyze and how is the Linux kernel construction.

How can Linux detect a packet at network device? what does it do with this packet?
    Is there any document in this area? I have read many docs but I didn't find anything useful.

thanks

Have you tryed the Sniffers like Wireshark and TCPDump???
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Just Joined!
    Hi,

yes, I have checked the receptions of packets with wireshark, but sometimes the packets are lost and sometimes not, therefore, I want to learn the linux construction. why the whireshark captures all packets and perl program doesn't.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well if you'd look into the kernel source. ( You can Obtain it for Free at The Linux Kernel Archives )
    There is a file called Networking.c if I am not mistaken. Maybe yu could get some information in that?
    Also, have you thought about the problem that your program might not be Full Duplex? You'd need to Multi-Thread to make the program able to Accept a Stream at the same time as sending one.. Miliseconds can make diffrences.

I hope ( and doubt ) this helped you.

Cheers,
    Robin
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..