Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys am new in linux but interested in knowing how i can make fedora 9 i recently downloaded play videos and music other than from audio cds may be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

multimedia using fedora 9

hi guys am new in linux but interested in knowing how i can make fedora 9 i recently downloaded play videos and music other than from audio cds may be video songs?

Hi and Welcome !

Fedora doesn't support Proprietary Media formats out of box. You have to install necessary codecs for that.
    Execute this
    Code:
    yum -y install vlc
    VLC Player supports most of media formats.
    Your machine must have internet access for package installation through yum.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

multimdia using fedora 9

where do i place the vlc player files? do you mean that my machine must be connected to the internet to do all this?
    Last edited by relinx; 07-28-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: want to ask something else

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yes, your machine must have internet access. yum will download and install packages itself. If your machine doesn't have internet access then it will be a little tricky to install packages.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First