Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings. I'm remarkably new at linux, having just thrown a system together with random old parts. I'm running freespire, my main pc feeds from a linksys wireless router, and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ventrilo Server

Greetings. I'm remarkably new at linux, having just thrown a system together with random old parts. I'm running freespire,

my main pc feeds from a linksys wireless router, and the linux box receives its internet feed directly from my pc, via an ethernet cable. I've been able to successfully set up and run a ventrilo server. Here is the problem.

I can connect to the server via my pc but anyone outside my network attempts to ping or connect they time out. I realize that I probably just need to forward the ports, but all the port forwarding advice I can find online relates to systems that are directly connected to the router. I'm completely new at this, and while I have a pretty good grasp of basic shell usage, I'm hoping for your patients.

how are you sharing the internet from your main pc? using something like windows internet connection sharing with 2 nics?