Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all! I have a very strange problem with a Mikrotik (version 3.11) server. Well, I have a small ISP, and recently I changed my ISP to a better internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pages not loading. DNS problem?

Hello all!
    I have a very strange problem with a Mikrotik (version 3.11) server.

Well, I have a small ISP, and recently I changed my ISP to a better internet connection (Had a satellite connection before).
    I received all the parameters from my new ISP (An static IP, DSN Servers etc).
    The internet works perfectly if I connect it directly to a computer, however, when connecting it to Mikrotik and try to surf many pages doesn't load, and receive the message "Page cannot be found".

Hm I think it can be a DSN problem... But I've tried everything I could think about, (Removing firewall rules, removing hotspot, PPPoE and the problem persists. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcruz007 View Post
    I have a very strange problem with a Mikrotik (version 3.11) server.

Well, I have a small ISP, and recently I changed my ISP to a better internet connection (Had a satellite connection before).
    I received all the parameters from my new ISP (An static IP, DSN Servers etc).
    The internet works perfectly if I connect it directly to a computer, however, when connecting it to Mikrotik and try to surf many pages doesn't load, and receive the message "Page cannot be found".
    So does this router act as a DNS proxy? On your computer, does '/etc/resolv.conf' mention the IP of the router or you ISP's DNS server?

Say /etc/resolv.conf shows 10.0.0.8 and example.com fails to load, what does 'dig example.com @10.0.0.8' return?

Just Joined!
    Hmm this is an image of the DNS list...

Well, I guess the problem are the DNS's... If I do ping to google's ip, it works, however, not by typing "www.google.com".

Hmm, anyone has an idea?