Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi every one i gonna use xubuntu (new user) and iwant to know how can i configure my dsl to xubuntu so please help as quickly as possible...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

how can i configure my dsl to xubuntu

hi every one i gonna use xubuntu (new user) and iwant to know how can i configure my dsl to xubuntu so please help as quickly as possible

Are you using a router? At the moment do you need to use PPPoE software or do you just connect with an ethernet(network) cable to your router?

If you're using a USB device you may have some work ahead of you. If you are using a router with ethernet it will just work, pickup up your IP address and DNS from DHCP....basically it's all automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    Are you using a router? At the moment do you need to use PPPoE software or do you just connect with an ethernet(network) cable to your router?

If you're using a USB device you may have some work ahead of you. If you are using a router with ethernet it will just work, pickup up your IP address and DNS from DHCP....basically it's all automatic.
    hi bigtomrodney first of all i want to thank you for your quick reply but in fact i want to ask you othor qusetion can i make a network connection between pc using win xp nd other using xubuntu

Just Joined!
    Yes, you can.

I guess, "Samba" (application for networking under Linux with Windows) will do the trick.