Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, I have a PDC set up to handle domain logons from my windows clients as a backup for the company here and i wanted to set up a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VMware machine can't connect to internet

Hey all,

I have a PDC set up to handle domain logons from my windows clients as a backup for the company here and i wanted to set up a virtual mailserver aswell using VMware server. So i got it all setup and running except that my WMware server can't connect to the internet through my PDC, my windows clients on the other hand have no problem in doing so.

I've bridged the connection between the virtual and physical server (the virtual is located on the physical server) on a NIC that the server isn't using for itself, meaning i'll have to plug it into a switch to get a connection between them, but once that is done i can ping the server just fine yet no internet connection follows it.

just for info i have 3 NIC's in my server 1 for internet uplink, 1 for LAN (windows clients) and now 1 for LAN (my virtual server)

Can anyone help me out?

Linux Newbie
    hello,

Assign an ip on your rage that is not used and try accessing to internet....
    Regards
    David Anand
    -->Success is the list of failures ...!!!

Just Joined!
    Thanks will do