Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using ubuntu 8.04. I can connect internet in windows but in linux i can't. i have connected modem through usb port. do you think the problem is regarding usb. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't connect internet

I'm using ubuntu 8.04. I can connect internet in windows but in linux i can't. i have connected modem through usb port. do you think the problem is regarding usb. give me solution. how to solve

Hello and Welcome!

In order to connect to the internet via USB, you'll need to install the drivers for the modem. You should be able to obtain those drivers from your ISP. Just make sure that they aren't only for Windows.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    i don't have driver for linux. they gave it only for windows.do you have any suggestions to try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You could try going to the modem manufacturer website to see if there is a Linux driver available to download. Other than that, I would suggest looking into installing a network card.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    i'm using zebronic modem. i visited their website too. they have given drivers for windows only. i've posted my problem to them. before that you got any other idea post it. thank u

Honestly, and I hate to say it, those are pretty much your only two options. You'll either have to get a NIC for your computer or find a way to obtain some USB drivers for your modem. And unless zebronic happens to provide them you're pretty much out of luck on this one.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Just Joined!
    Any way thank u mr.jay. After solving this i'll inform u.