Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm using slackware 9.1, and KDE as my desktop manager. i use KPPP as my dialer, as well. I'm not exactly new to linux, but i don't really know the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dial-Up help

i'm using slackware 9.1, and KDE as my desktop manager. i use KPPP as my dialer, as well. I'm not exactly new to linux, but i don't really know the commands or any of that yet, so that's why this forum is around i guess lol.
    here is my problem: the modem is a USR winmodem, like a voice int host i think, internal. i can't find any info for it on linmodems, and that site is ungodly confusing. so anyway, i try to query the modem and it queries but doesnt display any information about it afterwards like a windows query would. and when i goto dial it stops at "Initializing Modem...". so i have a feeling that it is using my NIC card as a dialup modem, and we all know that will not work. i'm having a lot of trouble witht his and so far i didnt get much help.. also: wvdial is not installed on my system.

and i have a dual-boot system, i'm on XP right now, but it only takes a min or so to boot to linux if someone wants me to try something.

Thanks.
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431

bump.
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431